What is ASSIST?
ASSIST offers a tool, assist.org, that can help you find classes at a California Community College (CCC) that will transfer to a California State University (CSU) or a University of California (UC) campus.
- ASSIST does not currently include private colleges and universities or campuses outside of the state of California. Please contact the campus you want to transfer to if you have questions about this type of credit.
- ASSIST is best used in combination with seeing a counselor on your campus. If you are not yet admitted, contact the campus you plan to attend.
How do I use ASSIST to find transfer information?
- Begin by selecting the Academic Year. Use the icons to find out more information about which year to select.
- Select the campus you want to transfer course credit from.
- Select the campus you want to transfer course credit to:
If no agreement is available between the selected institutions for the selected academic year, red text will appear denoting the nearest academic year available.
After you click "View Agreements," the first thing you will see is Agreements by Major. All types of articulation agreements display how courses completed at a CCC prior to transfer are used at the selected CSU or UC after transfer. The option will be greyed out if an agreement type (Major, Department, Prefix, etc.) is not available. Use the icon to learn more about the different types of agreements.
You can view lists that indicate what CCC courses meet a variety of CSU and/or UC general education requirements. You can also view lists that explicitly display what courses are CSU or UC transferable. Transferable means you will receive unit credit at the CSU or UC you transfer to from a CCC.
Be sure to review any important information available at the top of each list.
These resources provide step-by-step instructions for using ASSIST:
Understanding Effective Terms in ASSIST (PDF) will help you understand the "Date Approved" and "Date Removed" terms you will see on the CSU GE-Breadth Certification lists and the CSU US History, Constitution, and American Ideals Courses (CSU AI) lists available on ASSIST.
How do I ask questions and get help?
Where can I find admission requirements and other information that is not on ASSIST?
Use the following links to learn about additional admission resources in California.